Each ship has its own crew specifications, and it is SIA Scandinavian Ship Services job to choose the right people with the right experience. We organize their contracts, negotiate wages, insurance, traveling and training, and making sure that budget requirements are met in the most economical and common sense way, without compromising the high standards demanded of each crewmember.
Heavy emphasis is placed on the character, ability, and commitment of crewmembers during their selection, and qualifications are monitored and upgraded continually.
It is a characteristic of "Scandinavian Ship Services SIA" crews that we have a high retention rate, thereby ensuring a stable crew pool on the vessels. We believe that this is one of the keys to the successful and safe operation of the ships we manage.
More in detail, crewing means that:
* We provide suitably qualified crew as required by the owners, and in accordance with the STCW 95 requirements
* We are selecting and engaging the vessel's crew and providing payroll arrangements
* We ensure that the application requirements of the law of the flag state are satisfied in respect of manning levels,
rank, qualification and certification of the crew
* We ensure that all members of the crew have passed a medical examination by authorized and qualified doctors
* We ensure that the crew shall have a good command of English - sufficient to perform their duties safely.
Was founded in 1936 and is still going strong as shipbrokers, shipmanagers and shipowners. We are specializing in coasters, both conventional and self handling tonnage. Normally we have about 22 vessels "under our wings" for chartering - all trading with drycargoes in North Sea, Baltic and Mediterranean.
The Kopervik Group consists of about 20 companies – all connected to owning or managing vessels in the short sea market. We are proud to say that we are the first and still the only ISO14001 certified group of shipping companies with smaller general cargo vessels. Through an environmental certification we hope to show our customers and partners that we take our corporate responsibility seriously.